- Publisher: 80/20 Wellness Plan
- Edition: Version 1.0
- Available in: PDF
- Published: October 5, 2016
Diabetes is a condition that results in high blood sugar (glucose) levels in the body. When the pancreas does not secrete enough insulin, high blood sugar levels result.
This may occur for one of two reasons: either the pancreas is not making enough insulin or the cells are unresponsive to the insulin that is being produced. Excess glucose in the blood is eliminated in the urine via the kidneys.
Insulin, a peptide hormone, is produced by the beta cells in our pancreas and is responsible for helping certain cells in the body absorb glucose or blood sugar and convert it into energy. Therefore, insulin is crucial in regulating fat and carbohydrate metabolism within our body.
Once control of insulin levels fail, the blood glucose or blood sugar level in the body can reach dangerously high levels, and Diabetes mellitus can result. This disease is considered to be a chronic disorder of carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism.
If left untreated, this condition can have detrimental effects to your level of well-being. Many vital organs, including the heart and your circulatory system, the kidneys and the eyes may be adversely affected.
Here’s what’s included in the Diabetes Guide e-book:
1. Introduction To Diabetes
2. Managing Diabetes
3. Hyperglycemia vs. Hypoglycemia
4. Glycemic Index – Diet and Diabetes
5. Diabetic Diet – Healthy Meal Tips
6. Exercising With Diabetes
7. Complications and Herbal Supplements for Diabetes
8. Diabetic Apps and Online Resources
9. Diabetes Prevention – Understanding Blood Glucose
10. Diabetes Prevention – Helpful Eating Tips